Independent Audit Service
Reserve Vault has engaged IAS auditing service to provide a cost effective and independent audit as a means of obtaining independent certification of your precious metals bullion holdings be it for Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) compliance, corporate governance or your own peace of mind.
Independent Audit Services (IAS) offers a unique independent approach to audit and assurance services. With an emphasis on professional conduct and independence, IAS maintains a practical approach to the independent audit process, where the focus is on achieving outcomes that meet both statutory and client requirements.
Like our insurance, our ability to group buy and implement these services means we can offer a highly competitive rate for your independent audit needs.
We’ve tried to simplify even the pricing. It works on the size of your safe unit as follows:
Category 1 All Safe Deposit Boxes $110
Category 2 Small & Medium size Bullion Locker Safes $135
Category 3 Large Bullion Locker Safes, Electronic Digital Safes and Tumbler Bullion Safes $160
Category 4 High Security Chubb Europa safes By quote
Note if you are a Custodial Client this will be included in your fee.
The quoted prices are based on you being available within pre allocated blocks of time where a number of independent audits are completed in that period of time. Audits requested outside of that time will incur a $50 call-in surcharge.
How it works
We will have allocated independent audit times available for you to attend and open your safe for the audit. Because of the high number of clients using this service and our need to still service regular vault visits we will need to strictly apply your allotted time. There will be morning and afternoon time slots available.
For audits requested outside those times, the above surcharge will apply.
You will simply allow the auditor to identify and count your holdings and then re lock your safe unit. They will then send you your certificate soon afterwards. No waiting around, no paying for their travel, independent and quick!
Simply ring us on 07 3221 6128 to make your appointment.
What you get
Both electronic and paper copies of a signed audit certificate in a form acceptable to a diligent SMSF administrator or auditor or tax auditor will be provided upon payment. Each certificate will list an inventory of your goods and a total value based on the 9am spot price at 30 June of the previous financial year or on the day if you so request.
SMSF rules (SIS Regulations) apply to collectibles such as art and jewellery. They also deem bullion coins in your SMSF to be ‘collectibles’ (and therefore subject to SIS Regulation 13.18AA) which relevantly requires them to be:
- Independently stored in a secure storage facility;
- Insured in the superannuation fund’s name; and
- For accounting and independent audit purposes, the trustees must be prepared to have the asset valued regularly.
For assets bought before 1 July 2011 you had until 1 July 2016 to comply with these rules. We are not tax advisors nor accountants so you should check with your own SMSF administrator or accountant. We are finding increasingly many SMSF administrators and advisors also believe precious metals bullion in bar form requires an annual audit to meet the Trustees obligations. Again you should check with yours.
For us to be able to offer this competitive rate it relies on compliance with the following:
- Allocated time slots must be strictly adhered to. Late arrivals will need to be rebooked for another date.
- You must be prepared to open all non-transparent packaging of goods to allow the auditor to suitably identify the product
- The booking system relies on a quick removal and replacement of goods in your safe. It does not allow for reorganisation or extensive unpacking of goods. Should you know in advance many of your goods are packed non-transparently you should attend to them before the audit to prepare them accordingly.
- The auditor will take weights and purity of bullion at face value.
- If you have personal and SMSF holdings in the same safe, you will need to declare which goods belong to each entity.